Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary and St. Anthony of Padua. Rivne
canva, oil, 73 x 73, Kyiv, 2006
Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary and St. Anthony in neo-Gothic style was built at the initiative of Prince Casimir Lubomirski, who started building the temple in 1858. Its continuation was interrupted by the Tsarist government, and only in the years 1897-1899 was renewed construction, financing was provided by prince Roman Sanguszko. Bishop Ignatius Dubowski Consecrated the newly built temple in 1922.
In the crypt of the church was buried the Lubomirski family members.
After World War II rhe temple still served the faithful, but soon, in 1958 the Soviet government led to the closure of the church. During this time the temple waslooted and destroyed. Finally, in the church building was placed a philharmonic and a clothing store. This situation, unfortunately, continues today.