Church Of the immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Horodenka
canva, oil, 72 x 61, Kyiv, 2007
In 1743 in Horodenka at the cost of kaniowski governor M. Potocki, was built one of the finest works of late-baroque architecture in the Commonwealth - the monastery and church of the Missionaries. The creator of the Church of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary, was a prominent architect named Bernard Maretyn.
A temple of bricks – 3-nave basilica. Center nave much higher than the side, the main facadeconvex, flanked with two towers, slightly altered from the main axis of the building. The facade decoration was of the Corinthian order. Walls decorated with Corinthian capitals with golden wooden details. In the eastern room are preserved frescoes from ХVІІІ century. Many architectural details are repeated in the council of St. George in Lviv. The interior of the church was superbly decorated with sculptures by prominent Pinzla.
From the east of the temple are the cells, which after World War II served as army barracks. In 1991 the church was transferred to the Greek-Catholics.