Church of the Holy Trinity. Mezhyrich
canva, oil, 65 x 75, Kyiv, 2007
Holy Trinity Church in Międzyrzecz was built in 1632. Unfortunately, we do not have a lot of information on this temple. We know only that the church was of brick, in a cruciform plan, built on a hill, with reinforced retaining wall. All arms of the cross, except the west, were angular. The church was built in the baroque style, however, gaps and vaults were given oval shape, which gave plasticity to the volume and shapes of architectural construction. The temple was high on the wooden steps, with shingled roofs- at the intersection stood an turret on an octagonal drum.
During the second half of the twentieth century, the temple fell into disrepair.
In 1979 the Church of the Holy Trinity in Międzyrzecz was added to an additional list of republic monuments (as of today is a monument of national importance.)