Coat of Arms. Lviv
Lviv, Leopolis, Leo vivitas, Lemberg, Lvov, Lviv ... so many different names the city had. They all contain the same core and clearly indicate the origin of the name from Prince Lev, who was regarded as the founder of the city. However, contemporary studies attribute the foundation to the castle's father of Lviv, the prince Danillo.
Lviv was part of Earth's legendary "Grody Czerwieńskie" and as we read in Nestor, "... in 981, Vladimir went to Lachow and occupied their castles with industry, Reds, and others." In 1018, Boleslaw the Brave defeated the Rus, and regained the Polish Red Cities; in 1031, the lost them again. In the year 1071 Boleslaw the Bold recovers them, but in 1079 these lands again for a long time went back under the rule of Russian princes. In the fourteenth century boyars elected to the throne Boleslaw Trójdanowicza, who named his successor as Casimir the Great. After Trójdanowicza was poisoned, Casimir went on an expedition succession and conquered Lviv. In 1356, The town was granted the right of Magdeburg, and in 1380, the right to storage and other trade privileges; this contributed to its very rapid development. In 1390, Queen Jadwiga and Jagiello eventually joined Lviv with Poland. The city was connected with Poland nearly six centuries and was one of the major cities of the I and II Republic; and during dissection, was the center of Polish culture and the capital of Galicia.
An interesting event in the history of the town was the recognition by Pope Sixtus V Catholic constancy in Lviv, and in 1586 authorized the city to use its own coat of arms, which differed from the coat of arms of Lviv by the fact that the lion in the front paws is holding three hills, illuminated by a star.
In 1939, after Russian troops marched into the city of Lviv, relations were severed with the Polish ... Currently, Lviv is a Ukrainian city; however, the spirit of a great period of history is still floating in it ...