Koniecpolski Castle. Podhorce
The castle was custom-built built between 1635 - 1640 with funding from the owner of Pidhorców, S. Koniecpolski Crown Hetman, on site of former fortifications. Castle Project has been developed by a French military engineer GL de Boplana, and construction was diected by the Italian architect A. del Akva. The castle is the center of a large architectural ensemble, which is composed of park and park buildings, church of St. Joseph (1766), Queen's inn (early eighteenth century).
During the Khmelnytsky Uprising, the castle was ruined, but soon it was rebuilt. In the year 1672 and in 1688 the castle was devastated. In the years 1728 - 1779, it was rebuilt with the addition of the second floor of the palace corps. Then, in the castle was assembled a valuable collection of works of art. The castle was renovated again in 1865, while in 1953 the castle burnt down completely. After three years it was rebuilt, and there was carried out an internal re-routing. Since 1997 the castle passed Lviv gallery and began maintenance.
The Castle in Podhorce is the pinnacle of castle architecture perfection of the 17th century.