Franciscans Church. Komargrod
canva, oil, 64 x 70, Chernivci, 2008
Komargrόd - a town in the former Braclaw region, along with the adjoining lands belonged to Czetwertyński Princes. The property was surrounded by a beautiful park, landscaped in the style of a Swiss villa, which dates back to the nineteenth century. Today there is a school along with residences. A church was built in 1770 at the expense of Thomas Czetwertyński, for the Franciscans. The temple is built of sandstone and brick, rectangular plan with a tower on the north facade, pillarless, a common type. By decree of the Tsar, in 1878 the monks were expelled and the church was converted to an Orthodox church. During Soviet times, the monastic buildings were warehouses, then the buildings were dismantled.