Church of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Dubno
paper, ink pen, Kyiv, 2006
The church was built at the cost of Prince Janusz Ostroskiego in the years 1610 – 1620, for the Bernardines. It was in the old part of town next to the Lucka gate, which protected the city from the west. The Church tower, which rose above the buildings of the city was a watchtower. After the Tsar's dissolution of the monastery in 1855, it it was given to the Orthodox. However, in the early twentieth century, the monastery had returned, and after an extensive renovation of the monastery it was dedicated to the Pontifical Seminary East. After 1945 the Soviet government closed the temples and seminarium, and arranged in their buildings an NKVD prison. Today the temple is owned by the Orthodox.
The church was built in the baroque style of brick and sandstone. It is a three-aisled basilica with six-pillar nartex. To the eastern side of the outstretched pentagon are connected small rooms and a five-bell tower, which is decorated with baroque domes.
Inside the rectangular columns with pilasters and arches, carrying a high antablement, compositionally secrete the central nave, which has a semicircular arch. Aisles are vaulted in the shape of the cross. Tempera paintings of the ХVІІІ century have been partially preserved.