Holy Trinity Church. Ostrog
canva, oil, 50 x 70, Kyiv, 2007
The brick monastery and church of the Holy Trinity in the baroque style, was built for the Kapucynόw in 1758 by governor Stanislaw Łubkowski and Felix Malinowski. After suppression by the tsarist authorities converted Kapucynόw monestary into a prison in 1932, while the church was converted to an Orthodox Church in 1876. In the same year the monastery deployed the Orthodox Brotherhood of Cyril and Methodius. In 1931 the church was was returned to the Catholics, while at the monastery was organized a seminar for teachers. After World War II, the church and Polish school was closed. The church was arranged into a gymnasium, and in 1995 a concert hall. At present, after the renovation of the church the building sits empty, and on the premises of the monastery is located a high school.