The Church in Skvyra
canva, oil, 60 x 85, Kyiv, 2008
Skvyra - a town in the former Kyiv region. The first mention of the village dates back to 1450. The property belonged to the Niemieżyc and Rużynowski families. In Skwyrze, with funding by Cecylli Radziwił, a church was built which today is in awful shape. During Soviet rule, it was completely destroyed in the interior and facade. A similar fate befell the Catholic cemetery, a place with the graves of landowners from Skwyry and surrounding areas.