Church of the Discalced Carmelites. Kamyanets-Podolski
canva, oil, 50 x 70, Kyiv, 2006
Church of the Discalced Carmelites in Kamieniec -Podolsky appeared in the mid ХVІІІ century, by the famous architect Jan de Witte. The street where the church was built received the name - Carmelite. In 1866 the diocese after the dismantling of Kamyanets-Podolia, liquidated the Carmelite monastery. In this case, the Orthodox bishop Leontij had proposed in the huge Carmelite church, to deploy a cathedral of the Orthodox Church. August 30, 1878, after long work and the transformation of the Orthodox church it was consecrated as the (cathedral) Icon of the Mother of God Kazańsakiej cathedral; with newly-named street (the newly-sobornoju) over time it was called - the Cathedral (Sobornoju).
On January 30, 1890 in the old Carmelite monastery buildings, was opened a repository of antiquity, from which comes the story of the historical contemporary Kamieniecki museum.
Unfortunately the great Carmelite church building did not live to see our times- in the 1930-s it was destroyed by the communist authorities.