Carmelite Church. Vyshnevets
canva, oil, 60 x 73, Kyiv, 2008
From the name of this locality, Wiśniowiec, Korybutowie princes took the name Wieśniewiec. Their line over the centuries grew to the rank of an economic power in Kresach, which had huge estates, especially in the ХVІІ century during the times of Jarema Wiśniowiecki. That latter founded in Wiśniowiec, a magnificent monastery compleks of the Carmelites, the composition of which included a beautiful baroque temple dedicated to St. Miachała Archangel. Construction of the church began in 1645, and ended in 1726. The consecration of the church took place in 1768. After the November Uprising by Tsarist repression, the monastic complex was passed to the Orthodox Church. In the years 1863-1907 the church had no roof, which was burnt down in 1863. In 1907, was performed the renovation and reconstruction, and in 1921 the church was returned to the Catholic Roman Rite. In 1944 the church was where a massacre of Poles took place, after which was robbed and set on fire. The ruins of the church, which remained after the fire, were blown-up at the beginning of the 60’s, leaving no trace. However, the remaining monestary buildings now houses a dormitory for young people.