„Avian conspiracy” Church of St. Alexandra. Kyiv
ofort, 30 x 40, Kyiv, 2005
Construction of the Church of St. Barbara. Alexandra was started on the initiative of the Dominican order in 1817 and completed in 1842. The first church was designed by architect Piller, and completed by the work of Francis Miechowicz. In the middle of the Church is a large copy of the famous image of Rubens ' „photo from the Cross ". On the right side of the main altar was the altar of the mother of God with a copy of the image of Rubens’ „ Madonna Folinio ", and on the left side – the altar of ST. Anthony, with a copy of the image of the House of the Cathedral, on chich He was portrayed. In the recesses, which had the appearance of chapels, were 4 altars: 2 of them were simply decorated, while the other 2 have a lavish decoration from golden tree. For a time the Soviet authorities closed the Church to the faithful and used it as a dormitory. In 1947 a room of the Church was adapted for the purposes of the Soviet cultural-educational organization. Not until 1991 was the temple returned to the faithful; unfortunately not as their property, but leased form the state.