The Franciscan Church. Kyiv
canva, oil, 65 x 70, Kyiv, 2005
In 1623, the Franciscan Order received from the Sulimowskich family, property between the town and the site of a castle on the right bank of the Dnieper River, where the nuns butli a monastery and Temple. Certificates of them are very few. It is known only that the monastery and church were wooden. The temple has received the name of the assumption of our Lady and the Stigmata of St. Francis, in 1635, it was consecrated. Near the Church there existed the society of St. Anne, St. Francis and St. Michael (for military). Franciscans led a very active pastoral life and were welcomed with immense respect among the locals. In the monastery lived about 30 monks. During the Khmelnytsky uprising and the monastery and Temple were robbed and burned, and several monks were drowned in the Dnieper reservoirs.